Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sled Talk » Yamaha

Post subject: Re: 2014 Yamaha SR Viper
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 am 
ILSNOW Freak

I'll be happy to get close to 17 mpg with the new XF7000 Cat more then I get with the F7 I have. Plus I bet it takes the bumps better then F7.
Combat do you have the 137" track?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

ACF7 Yes, I have the 137" sled. I've had a long track on all my sleds since 1998 when I had a Ski Doo Grand Touring SE. They seem to bridge the bumps better and offer more footprint for traction in starting and stopping. I also like the Artic Cat suspension as I have no sign of slider wear with 1300 miles on. The Yamahas tend to wear out right in the front where the track first meets the curve in the rails.

Let me know how things work out.

Combat :letitsnow:

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:23 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

Combat, 1rst time I had a long track. But liked my sons new XF8000 with long track and it seemed like it took the bumps better. I'll find out this weekend how I like the new sled. I always liked the Yamaha engines a friend of mine has a older Apex and has over 10000 miles on it and still runs strong.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:25 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

Combat: Hows that Yamaha so far? My new Cat XF7000 runs great but I have to bring it back the gas gauge sensor isn't working right. Also the clutch they have to put bigger weights in clutch which I think Cat is going to have a recall on them. Dealer has change weights in 3 other 7000 models so far. When you gun it RPM's will shoot up to 9600RPM's but doesn't do it all the time. Dealer also said once weights are changed there was no problem. Otherwise great sled. If I can figure out how to put pictures on here I put a picture of new Cat on here but haven't done that in a long time.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:38 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

New Sled Arctic Cat XF7000.

Attachments:
IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG [ 677.42 KiB | Viewed 1253 times ]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:40 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

Got the picture of new sled on here now I have to figure out how to make pictures smaller.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:48 pm 
ILSNOW Legend

Nice looking sled Ron! Are you going to swap out for a higher windshield?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:27 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

I have another windshield for it now I have to put it on. I have to drill a couple holes in sled so I'm going to do it when I'm not in a rush. I had it on just to see what it looked like and does change the appearance some. It's a medium shield and extends out some but I think it looks alright. At lease it will help on colder days.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:24 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

acf7 rider; That sled is really nice looking.Hope it works out for you. I'm really enjoying the Viper. I now have 1900 miles on mine and no real problems. I will be talking it in for end of season service.The dealer has a couple of adjustment that need to be taken care of.One is the idle which fluctuates , the other is the reverse gear fix. Apparently there have been some that pop out of gear. This is not a recall however. I put the tall windshield on mine and wouldn't give it up. I don't like being cold and the tall works really well. The wind hits at the top of my helmet. I seldom use my gaunlets unless it is -10 below or colder. My friend who has a viper has looked his sled over and finds insignificant belt wear and little to no slider wear. We both have been very happy with the whole sled. I am going to stud my track however as this past season I ran into some bad ice conditions and I didn't like sliding in corners and questioning if I was going to make it up some steep mountain trails. Enjoy that Cat , this is not a dress rehearsal, live the dream.

Ride Safe! Combat :D :agree:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:19 am 
ILSNOW Freak

Combat If you never had studs on a sled before you will be glad you put them on your Viper. I will never get a sled unless I put studs on it. Came close to wrapping my F7 into a tree once without studs after that I have put studs on all my sleds. So far I really like the new Cat. I love how it handles and has some get up and go to it.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:33 pm 
Veteran Member

Thanks for the posts...Sold the Z1 Turbo this summer...New XF7000 just got delivered to the dealer.

:letitsnow:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:05 am 
ILSNOW Freak

Going Postal you will like the XF7000. I will never go back to a short track again. The sled handles like a short track sled. The Yamaha engine runs great, has a lot of bottom end. Took me awhile to get use to a 4 stroke going into the corners you don't need to break as much as you do with the 2 strokes. Can't wait till it snows. Enjoy your new sled.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:33 pm 
Veteran Member

Studs got put on today, should be picking it up tomorrow or Saturday...I almost took a leftover 14' (the orange equivalent), but my 50+ yr old body really wanted the 15' LXR.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:23 am 
ILSNOW Freak

I think you will like the ride the XF gives you. Takes the bumps real good. I know what you mean back can't take it anymore plus knee's I'm going on 60. The longer track sucks up the bumps and XF has great suspension. Only thing I don't like about the new sleds and it's not just cats is when you fill them up with gas you have to bump the rear end down all the time otherwise you will leave gas station half full.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:52 pm 
ILSNOW Legend

Yes, you must 'burp' them. ;)

Board index » Sled Talk » Yamaha