Switch to full style
Please stick to trail reports here!
Post a reply

April 5

Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Rode over to Oxbow and Fall Lake to the intersection today. Oxbow trail still passable and much better overall than I have seen it many times in mid-winter after a thaw. Fall Lake trail basically 100% covered, just a little bumpy.

Rode in to Perkins via Fawn Lake/Big Brook late this afternoon. Some bare spots in the usual places on Big Brook but not too bad since everything was hard. By mid afternoon most of the approx. 2" new snow from last night had melted on the bare spots but there was nice coating on the old snow. Rode out about to Sled Harbor, then back to Carpenter Hill Road, Mossy Vly, and part of Mud Lake Road. Did not go out to 30. Some bare spots particularly on JRR but not bad. Lakes still rock solid with a littler of the new snow remaining.

Probably should have stuck to the original plan of going out to the Powley Road or Morehouse but checking the weather forecast this morning it looked like I might get rained on. Turned out to be pretty nice all day. Only precipitation as of 9 PM was a few snowflakes in the air this evening. Oh well. Nice day anyway just sticking near the house and I got some chores done around the house and some tinkering done on my old Tundra LT and a little ham radio operation and finished reloading my sister's laptop.

Pick the right place to park and unload and you could probably have a nice ride in the morning if it isn't raining. Quite a few tracks on JRR and Carpenter/Mud Lake Roads so evidently you can get in from Rt. 30.
Attachments
Fawn_Lake_Trail_4-5-15.jpg
Fawn_Lake_Trail_4-5-15.jpg (151.59 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Carpenter_Road_4-5-15.jpg
Carpenter_Road_4-5-15.jpg (106.19 KiB) Viewed 772 times

Re: April 5

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:20 am

Freestyle, you really do get the most out of the season. Trails look surprisingly good. It will be interesting to see how late you can go...

Re: April 5

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:17 pm

Well I sold my sled last weekend.. Haven't ridden in a month. This post made me sad in regret :sad:
Post a reply