Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trail Reports » Speculator/Perkins Clearing

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:52 am 

my buddy and I are constantly looking for new rides/trips.. we have done the indian lake to tupper lake trip, speculator to salisbury..indian lake to moose river etc..... Just wondering if its possible to ride from wells to lake george? I trailer from Johnstown every weekend to wells/speculator. I noticed on trail maps that C4 goes all the way out towards warren county.. How is this trail? is it narrow and slow? or is it good riding? Once into warren county how are the trails? are we better off just staying localy? hate to get way out there to find the trails are slow and narrow...thanks for helping....

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:38 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

yes it is possible! follw c4 down past the griffin gorge to rte 8 cross rte 8 onto c4 (Oregon trail) it a small trail sled and a half wide for about 15 miles!! then follow c4 into the Thurman trails u will come across quite a bit of road riding but its pretty good as of last sat! stay on c4 until u hit 1000 acres about 25 miles! then u have to get on the river going south for about a mile on the left u will see some stairs get off here!! then u are on swarren in buttermilk at s 42 intersection!!! it was good sat but things are getting warm!!!!! it is up to u but it is an adventure if u have never done it!!! I hope this helps

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:37 pm 
ILSNOW Legend

It is slow going on a winding narrow trail, about half of the "Oregon Loop" before getting further into the Thurman Connection trails.
No official connection down to the river or 418 bridge. Is that section of trail south of the bridge even open? I saw it closed south of the swamp early this season.
Lots of warmer weather in progress. Beware on the river. Is there still open water where the SW trail runs along the river?

Garmin GPSmap 62S
-20 Sleeping Bag

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:32 am 
ILSNOW Freak

the conection between swarren and Thurman is closed because of the snow train using the tracks!! the river is the only connection for now!!! I would hold off for this year we lost quite abit of snow yesterday!!!

Board index » Trail Reports » Speculator/Perkins Clearing