Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trail Reports » Speculator/Perkins Clearing

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:06 pm 
ILSNOW Freak

Took a few short rides over the past weekend. Here is a brief report. We stayed away from lakes for the most part other than crossing a few coves on Oxbow and Sacandaga, but lots of people were riding the lakes:
1. Fish Mtn Trail to Oxbow: Tons of open water/mud holes on the trail from the cemetery to Oxbow lake section. I would not recommend riding this section until we get some extreme cold (maybe later this week) to tighten up the water holes. Some cold and a little snow to fill things in should do the trick, but for now it is not fun or kind to your sled.
2. Fawn Lake Trail: Overall condition is pretty good. Watch for occasional water and mud holes. Nothing too bad, but go slow.
3. Big Brook Trail to Perkins: This trail was in good shape and had been recently groomed when we rode it Sun and Mon. Very few hazards, but use caution.
4. Perkins Clearing: The trails that are open offered some good riding. Not a 10, but I'd say a solid 8 or so. The new bypass trail is a little rough, so use caution. With some cold and a bit more snow it should be fine.

It's still early, but in a few short rides over the weekend I put on more miles than all of last year. Looks like the cold is coming to tighten up the wet spots. Hopefully some more snow after that and riding should be good.

Board index » Trail Reports » Speculator/Perkins Clearing