Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Trail Reports » Indian Lake/Moose River Plains

Post subject: MRP 3/16
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:13 pm 
Veteran Member

After checking trail head in Indian Lake towards Newcomb/Long Lake and seeing it had not been broken we trailered to Browns lot at the end of Cedar River Rd. Lot was plowed with 6-8 trucks and trailers. The roadside to the old parking lot was decent with a soft bank and some snow on he road. It was a single lane and somewhat flat with ALOT of loose powder from the lot to the park entrance. From there towards inlet was still single lane with some large, soft rollers to the Inlet groomer turn around. Met the small Indian Lake groomer who was heading back to Indian Lake opening up the trail to two lanes wide but not doing much to the rollers. From the groomer turn around (mile 14) to Inlet was opened up to at least two lanes, mostly flat and tons of loose powder on top. Big T to Inlet, same. Old Barn is closed till May. Took trail behind Old Barn to Inlet. Never saw that trail with all white snow, no snirt, ice or rocks! Fourth Lake was not broken and we were not going to attemp it. Took trail 5 to Daikers. That also had the best snow cover I've ever seen but could use pass with the groomer. Daikers just opened as we rolled in at 3:00ish. Filled up quick with people. Return trip was similar with much more traffic. The whole trip was different from what I'm used to. So much snow you wouldn't know if there's a base or not and was like riding in a trench with snow banks on both sides up to your knees. Wish I knew how to post pics, Sorry. Hopefully grooming resumes, otherwise it will turn into mogul city.

Board index » Trail Reports » Indian Lake/Moose River Plains